- Writing guidelines
- Capitalization of words in section names
- Avoid prepositions at the end of sentences
- Avoid colloquial contractions like it’ll, must’ve, might’ve, should’ve
- - vs — (typographical em dash)
- Avoid the short forms of dir and repo
- Internet with a capital I
- Avoid using command-line options in titles or subtitles
- Use backticks around libcurl constants
This is a collection of guidelines and rules we try to adhere to when writing
and editing “Everything curl”.
We do not use that practice, partially because our sections are not really
“chapters”, but also to create a more informal feel.
This is not a hard rule, but we should strive to avoid it.
Spell them out as “it will” and “must have”, etc.
And … vs … (typographical ellipses)
Let’s try to use the correct UTF-8 characters!
They are instead called “directory” and “repository”.
Still the proper name of the one we all know and love. The same goes for other
Use an English phrase instead. This is not a man page.