PolarDB for PostgreSQL is an open source product from PostgreSQL and other open source projects. Our main target is to create a larger community for PostgreSQL. Contributors are welcomed to submit their code and ideas. In a long run, we hope this project can be managed by developers from both inside and outside Alibaba.
- Read and follow our Code of Conduct.
- Sign CLA of PolarDB for PostgreSQL: Please download PolarDB CLA. Follow the instructions to sign it.
Here is a checklist to prepare and submit your PR (pull request):
- Create your own Github branch by forking
- Checkout documentations for how to start PolarDB from source code.
- Push changes to your personal fork and make sure they follow our coding style.
- Create a PR with a detailed description, if commit messages do not express themselves.
- Submit PR for review and address all feedbacks.
- Wait for merging (done by committers).
Let’s use an example to walk through the list.
On GitHub repository of PolarDB for PostgreSQL, Click fork button to create your own PolarDB repository.
git clone https://github.com/your_github/PolarDB-for-PostgreSQL.git
git checkout -b test-github
git add files-to-change
git commit -m "modification for test-github"
git checkout main
git checkout test-github
git rebase main
-- resolve conflict, compile and test --
git push origin test-github
Click New pull request or Compare & pull request button, choose to compare branches
your_github/PolarDB-for-PostgreSQL:test-github, and write PR description.
Resolve all problems raised by reviewers and update PR.
It is done by PolarDB committers.